List of Beaches - Port Stephens
A guide to the beaches in the Port Stephens region. Please check with local Surl Lifesaving Clubs or Visitor Information Centres to confirm which beaches are patrolled.
Family Friendly Beaches in the Port Stephens Area
- One Mile Beach - Kiosk, BBQ, picnic areas, toilets, showers. Access from Hannah Pde, Boat Harbour. Surf school in summer.
- Boat Harbour - BBQ, showers, toilets, boat ramp on beach.
- Birubi Beach (northern end of Stockton Beach - Anna Bay). Skatepark, childrens playground, toilets, showers. Surf school in summer.
Surfing Beaches in the Port Stephens Area
- One Mile Beach - a surf beach best surfed with a SE/NE swell.
- Birubi Beach - a surf beach best surfed with S-NE swell. N-SW winds
- Zenith Beach - best surfed with a NE swell. It is not very safe for children. N-S winds
- Box Beach - best surfed with E/NE swell. It is not suitable for children.
- Fingal Beach - has good surf most of the time but is best surfed with S-E/SE swell.
- Samurai Beach - has great surf and is best surfed with a S-NE swell. Can be a bit rough for children. This beach has 4 -wheel drive access.
Other Beaches Around Port Stephens
- Stockton Beach - extends from Anna Bay to Newcastle Harbour. Sand dunes are popular with 4WD enthusiasts.
- One Mile Beach - Kiosk, BBQ/picnic areas, public amenities.
- Samurai Beach
- Fingal Beach - SLSC, BBQ/picnic area, childrens' playground, toilets, showers, boat ramp, cafe/kiosk.
- Box Beach
- Wreck Beach
- Zenith Beach - good surfing beach, best when there's a north-easterly swell. Because it's exposed it is best for experienced surfers.
- Shoal Beach - BBQ, toilets, shower, jetty.
- Little Nelson Beach
- Nelson Beach
- Bagnalls Beach - located between Dutchies Bay and Corlette. Foreshore reserve, BBQ, playground, toilets, showers.
- Wanda Beach - located at the western end of Salamander Bay. BBQ, playground, toilets, showers.
- Corlette Beach - BBQ, reserve/picnic area.
For more detailed information on the beaches of Port Stephens see the Port Stephens Council website - http://portstephens-new.local-e.nsw.gov.au/ - under Visitors, see Beaches and Foreshores.
Port Stephens has fabulous beaches, just 2.5 hours north of Sydney. If you'd like to stay in this beautiful region, have a look at our Port Stephens accommodation specials.