Anna Bay | Birubi Point
Anna Bay is a quiet and peaceful suburb of Port Stephens located at the northern end of Stockton Beach. Anna Bay is unspoilt by development yet only a 10 minute drive from Nelson Bay. Accommodation in Anna Bay is generally in B&Bs, holiday houses or nearby holiday parks where you can camp, caravan or rent an apartment or villa.
Anna Bay's local beach is Birubi Point at the northern end of Stockton Beach. It is a great beach for all the family and is patrolled in summer. Surfing lessons are available.
Anna Bay is the gateway to Stockton Beach - a 32km stretch of white sandy beach which includes the Stockton Bight Sand Dunes (Worimi Conservation Lands). The sand dunes of Stockton Beach make up the largest sand dune system in Australia and are popular with 4WD enthusiasts.
If you don't have your own 4WD vehicle, there are many Stockton Beach tours available - choose from 4WD tours, quad bikes, camel or horse riding.
View Larger Map
Anna Bay Attractions
- Stockton Beach - take a 4WD tour of the spectacular sand dunes
- Birubi Point Beach - beautiful beach for the family. Beachside Robinson Reserve features childrens playground and skatepark.
- Iris Moore Reserve - a picnic area giving access to the rocky shores of Tomaree National Park.
- Tomaree National Park - enjoy the beaches, rocky shores and walking trails of the Park which are accessible from Anna Bay.
- Spectrum Cafe - Great coffee, lunch, live music, local artists, kids zone: 4310 Nelson Bay Rd, Anna Bay, tel 02-4981-9339, www.spectrmchurch.com.au
- David Graham's Golf Complex, 4321 Nelson Bay Rd, Anna Bay, Telephone: 02-4982-1960 - Nine hole par 3 golf course, driving range, putt putt and baseball pitching machine. Something for all the family.
- Sahara Trails Horse Riding & Farmstay, 9 Port Stephens Drive, Anna Bay, Telephone 02-4981-9077, Website: www.saharatrails.com - Trail rides on the beach or through the bush - cater for all levels of ability.
- Oakfield Ranch - Adventure Camel Rides over the sand dunes. Telephone 0429-664-172 or visit the website at www.oakfieldranch.com.au
Featured Accommodation - Anna Bay & Birubi Point